Policy 1 – Accountability
We are responsible for all personal information under our control and will designate one or more individuals who will be accountable for the organization’s compliance with the policies and procedures described in the Handbook.
1.1 The individual appointed to be accountable for the Broker’s compliance will be known as our Privacy Officer. We will appoint an appropriate person in this capacity who has sufficient authority within the organization to ensure compliance.
1.2 Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
Title: Privacy Officer
Name of Organization: Rideau Insurance Service Ltd.
Address: P.O. Box 160, 18 Concession Street
K0G 1 X0
1.3 Our commitment is to:
- protect personal information;
- allow individuals to request information, seek amendments to their personal information;
- and file complaints against the Broker with our Privacy Officer;
- train and educate staff; and
- develop information which explains those procedures to the public
1.4 We will use reasonable means to ensure that client personal information is given a comparable level of protection while being processed by a third party. If not practical to obtain written assurances, we may choose to make a written notation in our own file(s).